Friday, November 7, 2014

Out on the Streets

The three friends stood at the rear steps leading into the back of the Victorian mansion now convention center. The faint glow of electric streetlights far to the north broke up the otherwise pitch-black night around them. Down the facing street to the west could be seen the strobing lights of an ambulance but little else in the area.

As they looked at each other, deciding what to do…Matt waves at a figure coming around the east side of the building. “Hey, are you with the convention?”

The figure doesn’t respond, and walks slowly to the three on the steps…

***Time to roll a “Zed or no Zed” check! I’ll post results as a reply to this thread.

 

Zombie Chow

 

 

13 comments:

DocBennie said...

OK,
so, before the shit hits the fan...can either CJ or I, using our *extensive* medical background, at least figure out this person is "F-ed" up, even if we have no idea it is a zed?

because, damn, if your drunk ass walks menacingly towards me in a black out with known riots, EMT and police shots...I'm at least taking a step back and trying to figure out WTF is going on...none of this "oh hear, random stumbling guy in pitch darkness, let me help you..." F that!!!

Zombie Chow said...

Ummm. Your'e both doctors? You're not going to help potential people in trouble? Isn't there a Hypocratic oath or something? ;)

ZC

Ben Fialkow said...

Yeah, I've got your Hippocratic oath RIGHT HERE!!!
Do no harm, true, but don't be a dumb ass!!!
Dude, I'm the guy that carried a pistol to all of my med school classes, waiting for the world to go to hell...and so did my brother...
So, no... We are not dumb asses...

Chancetarget said...

Well, we are still dumb asses, as we went to med school…but still..we are paranoid. I would ask him "Dude, WTF is going on?!? " And if no response…that sets my spidy sense a tingling….

Zombie Chow said...


Out of the darkness a lone stumbling figure approaches the trio as they emerge from the building. Connor and CJ point their flashlights at the man, revealing a vacant stare and blood on his shirt.

“Holy crap…” Matt blurted. “It’s the bartender?”

Connor backs up a step, pulling something from his belt while CJ starts to say something. Before he can speak, the man looks at the friends, bares bloody teeth, and charges into their midst!

* * *

Round 1 of combat:

Zed or No Zed test: CJ 2 successes, Connor 1 success, Matt 0 successes

The zombie is attacking 3 targets so must split his dice. Normally he’d have 4d6, so this reduces to 2 on each of the stars. ***Matt got 0d6 so the +2d6 for charge is added to his attack.

Round 1 of melee:

CJ: 4 successes
Connor: 3 successes
Matt: 1 success

Zombie: 3 sucesses (2 on CJ, 1 on Connor, 0 on Matt)


Round 2:

CJ: 3 successes
Connor: 1 success
Matt: 0 successes

Zombie: 0 sucesses

Zombie is Obviously Dead

* * *



“Jeesus.” Matt gasps. “What the frack was wrong with that guy?”
He regains is breath, then looks around nervously. “Con-man, you stabbed him in the chest twice, but he didn’t even flinch! What’s going on here?”

***Let me know your next moves and I’ll post next turn.

ZC

Chancetarget said...

"OK guys, WTF is going on?!? I have seen crazy people, crack addicts, head traumas and junkies and NONE of them looked or acted like this guy!"

CJ cautiously goes closer to the bartender to examine him...trying to stay far enough away from his arms. Using the iphone, he will study the body, noting the knife wounds (are they bleeding the way they should?) and seeing if anything else is abnormal.

"Connor, help me examine him...you are the closest thing to an autopsy gremlin, er, expert, we have!"

And since we have just been attacked by this guy, I will also look around to see if he has friends…

CJ

Zombie Chow said...

CJ, the wounds don't seem to bleed much, and the blood is darker than normal. Looking closer, you can see bite wounds on the arms and neck. If you didn't know better (which of course you do) you'd think he should've bled out from that neck injury. He certainly has enough blood on him...but that's impossible of course.

You gaze around, everything seems quiet. Too quiet?

ZC

DocBennie said...

"Damn, I can't believe I just stabbed someone!!! What the hell?"

Replied Connor, still shaking from the adrenaline rush.

"CJ, you're right, that guy must have been on something...to keep coming like that after I stuck him...WTF? he seemed OK back at the bar, ahile ago..."

Chancetarget said...

"OK, there is something screwy going on here, guys," CJ Says. "What are we gonna do, man, what are gonna DO?!?" "Game over, man, Game F'n Over!!!"
"OK, I had to get that out of my system. Seriously, I have no idea why this guy was acting like that. Bite wounds? Dark blood? Getting stabbed and keeping on coming?!? We need to get armed and we need to get OUT OF HERE! And quietly too….its too frickin Quiet"
Panting, CJ closes his eyes, mumbles something, then looks at his brother and friend.
"OK, shall we quietly try to find the ambulance?"

Zombie Chow said...

Matt nods mutely and turns down the street. It seems as though its a struggle for him to turn away from the dead body but with an effort he succeeds.

"Holy crap... Are we going to get arrested or something for that?"

Before the two brothers can reply he stares at the flashing lights of the ambulance down the street. "Uh, guys... I'm not a doctor like you two. But, hasn't that Ambulance been there a long time? I mean, it was there when we first looked outside, and we've gone back to hotel rooms and the bar, then come out here again."

***Next turn post this weekend!

ZC

Chancetarget said...

"Ah hell….what do you guys think? We can go check it out and always use the ambulance to get the hell out of dodge (We play the doctor cards!!!). BUt watch out for more crazies."

Chancetarget said...

"Ah hell….what do you guys think? We can go check it out and always use the ambulance to get the hell out of dodge (We play the doctor cards!!!). BUt watch out for more crazies."

Ben Fialkow said...

"Matt, now that you mention it, that ambulance has been there a while... Must be a heck of an accident they are dealing with..."

Said Connor, still shaking off the shock of the encounter with... What? A drugged out bartender?

" Damn, what was he on, that he was able to shrug off multiple knife wounds...and all of those bites? Dude, those bites actually look human...what the hell is going on? "