Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm a Sucker

     After much consideration and initial comments about the playtest version of All Things Zombie: Final Fade Out, I've decided I will take the plunge and buy it when its available in the next month or so. What sold me finally on it was the repeated comments about streamlining and fewer reaction tests. I don't mind the RTs so much, except that they are chart-heavy and have no consistent formula. Hopefully FFO will fix this. Not to mention I'm a sucker for lighter rules in most games. ;)
     I will post Game 5 (Searching for more resources) when I finish it, but after its done I will hold off until FFO comes out and continue from there. Unlike many of my fellow bloggers, I'm going to pick up the campaign where I left off from BDTZ instead of starting afresh. That's mostly because I write concurrent fiction after each event and I don't want all that writing to go to waste. ;)
     Until then, I'm going to try posting more often. I've recently gotten a huge pile of zombie novels and will start posting about them. Not a full review, but a general synopsis, what kind of zombies are in it, and my general feelings about the novel. I do this because it seems that there are tons of books out there that I can't find any synopses for and I have to start reading them to find out if they are any good or not. So, to save others from this fate I will start posting. ;) I haven't decided yet, but I think I will title such posts "Gravel & Gems" for labeling purposes.

Zombie Chow

5 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Sounds good to me mate look forward to the continuation of your tale.

Zabadak said...

From my reading of the bits and pieces coming out of FFO it won't be difficut to simply adopt it to any current ATZ campaign.

Vampifan said...

There's no reason why you shouldn't continue your current campaign when FFO is released.

Adam said...

If I were in your shoes, I think I'd do the same (continue the campaign). Like you I am planning to get FFO as soon as it is released. Everything I hear about it is better. On top of the streamline rules and tests, I am excited to hear that there are a few more stats per character.

Zombie Chow said...

Odd that when I started writing the fiction I had no idea that it would be so...constricting. I'm also glad to hear that it shouldn't be a huge leap from BDTZ to FFO. Adam, the new attributes sound good and certainly appeal to my RPG side... I just wonder if it will complicate things? Will you now need to come up with multiple attributes when you encounter every single NPC, or will Reputation be the only thing you need for general encounters? I guess we'll see!

ZC